December 31, 2012

Q&A in December

Here are some questions I got answered from Elder Bell during the month of December:

Q: What are the mission rules on the kind of music you can listen to?
A: I can listen to Mormon artists only, so no classical or Disney or anything like that.

Q: I know you've only been out for a month, so you probably have plenty of supplies, but is there anything you need or want for Christmas?
A: Maybe something that can protect me like mace, or maybe like those mini alarm systems you have on your door that just make noise and scare the people away. I don't know how expensive those are, but things out here are getting really bad crime-wise!

Q: How have you been doing with food out there on your own?
A: Every night we eat dinner at a member's house, and we are on our own for breakfast and lunch, So far all I've been doing is cereal, ramen, and PB&J sandwiches, that usually holds me off until dinner at a member's house and they always have a ton of food! It's way nice.

Q: How have the meals been with the members?
A: The member's food is usually pretty good. Sometimes they'll forget and have to cancel, but they'll just give us some money so we can go out to eat for lunch or something. I had a deep fried turkey last night, it was amazing. I'm sold on coming out to your place every Thanksgiving if that is what you'll be doing!

Q: What are the mission rules for wearing your suit jacket?
A: The rules are for coats that you have to wear them if you're in a car from October conference to April conference and always at church meetings or any other meetings. If you are on a bike you don't have to wear your coat unless it is for any of the meetings. Kinda lame because it still gets hot out here and driving around with no A/C (because we're trying to save) gas sucks!

If you have your own questions you'd like answered by Elder Bell, add them in a comment below and I'll send it to him, or just write him a letter!

No comments:

Post a Comment